Saturday, September 10, 2011

Bastard Promotion: Elemental Assassin by Jennifer Estep


Jennifer Estep came to my attention, through Mihir, with her Elemental Assassin series and its series debut Spider's Bite early last year 2010. Since then, three more books have been published in the series, and the fifth one, Spider's Revenge, due to be published later this month.

Aside from a few narrating quirks of the main character and a few love drama objections I had in the first two books, this has been one of my favorite urban fantasy series I've read. More of a straight forward thriller revenge tale, but with high action and violence quotient, which works very well for me. Gin is a "former" assassin for hire, who's very loyal and not afraid to make unethical or immoral choices in the hopes of setting right a wrong; often delivering justice by slitting someone's throat. She's also a great cook, and I've been tempted to try making some of the sandwiches she has described; but I've been lazy.

Fans of the series should be happy to know that Spider's Revenge will mark the culmination of the revenge arc which began with the first book. But that's not the end of the series as Estep has been contracted to write more books in the Elemental Assassin world. Which is very much welcomed to me as it'll be interesting and refreshing to see where Gin goes next after what promises to be a bloodbath, assuming she survives.

Cover for the sixth book, due out in February 28, 2012, By a Thread has been revealed :


For those curious about the series, you have until September 19 to buy an ebook version of the first book in the series, Spider's Bite, from Simon & SchusterBarnes & Noble, or Amazon for just $1.99.

Books in the Elemental Assassin series:

Spider's Bite
Web of Lies
Venom
Tangled Threads
Spider's Revenge
By a Thread

The series also has a ton of short stories, many of them available for free. Visit here to get info on them or simply read them.

Make sure to visit Jennifer Estep's site and blog to keep up to date with the series and also inform yourself of other projects she's working on.

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow. This series seems to be moving so quickly! I have the first 2 books here and want to get into this series. Where does the time go? But thanks for the tip on the new book. These covers look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is a series that I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy quite a bit. So certainly put it near the top of the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, now that you mention it, this was the series I recommended to you way back when I first talked to you and also recommended Kelly Gay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay. Don't need to rub it in. I at least got the first 2 books. That's a step in the right direction.

    Actually I was hoping to talk my fellow book chatter into reading this series w/me on our monthly chats. But we are stuck in a few series and I think she started this series already too. So I'll have to get it squeezed in.

    But I have to get through a few review books here and obligations to a few others, then I'm going to give the first Kate Daniels book a go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come on, do I look like someone who would rub it in? Was simply reminiscing our first encounter, which became quite symbolic of our continuing relationship.

    Kate Daniels is simply freaking awesome, you're going to talk about that series as much as you're currently talking about Skyla's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha. Yes, I can feel that being the case for Kate Daniels series. I'm getting hit hard from both you and Skyla on that series. So I HAVE to get to that one. And Mel from Mel's reviews loved it so much she sent me the first book as well. So it's a MUST read at this point with all the praise and repeat name dropping the last week or so...

    I just don't read fast enough.

    Oh, if you were around me sooner you would have heard me singing the praises for Michael Sullivan's series as well. Can't wait for that final book to come out. he he.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...